Date(s) - 07/24/2018
8:45 am - 4:45 pm
K&L Gates, LLP
925 4th Avenue #2900
Seattle, WA 98104
Join the U.S. Commercial Service and experts from several Federal agencies on July 24 for the STOPfakes Roadshow to learn how to safeguard your intellectual property (such as designs, innovations and inventions) in global markets.
Seattle is one of only seven U.S. Commercial Service locations nationwide to present the STOPfakes Roadshow to help start-ups, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized businesses, independent creators, and inventors protect their intellectual property.
Register today for the opportunity to learn from experts from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Customs & Border Patrol, the FBI and others, about:
- How to identify and protect intellectual property assets
- Mechanisms for obtaining intellectual property protection in overseas markets
- Strategies for determining where to seek protection
- How to record product marks through U.S. Customs (with on-site help available)
- The value of a copyright (with on-site help available to apply for copyright register)
- How to combat counterfeits on international e-commerce sites
- Understanding the threat of trade secret theft
- Financing available for costs associated with obtaining IP protection in order to export
In short, you will learn information vital to competing successfully in an increasingly global environment.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the presenters for 10-minute sessions to discuss intellectual property-related issues.
On-site Recordation Assistance Available
Participants will also have the opportunity to record trademarks at the event. On-site recordation is made available by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Roadshow staff will guide the business owner through the online recordation process.
$45 (Lunch included)
For More Information
Contact Janet Bauermeister at Janet.Bauermeister@trade.gov
U.S. Commercial Service | K & L Gates LLP | Export Finance Assistance Center of Washington