Date(s) - 06/02/2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
In the fast moving world of AI & Machine Learning, Chinese and U.S. companies are racing ahead to create industry-dominating businesses that have worldwide ramifications. Currently Chinese companies are ahead in Applied AI specifically in the areas of health care applications, facial recognition and natural language processing, while American companies dominate in basic AI research and platform building.
Does the current pandemic tilt the field in China’s favor due to its focus on health care applications? How has the pandemic shifted the developments of AI in both countries?
Discussion topics include:
- Myth vs Fact: China as the looming AI superpower
- Comparative analysis of AI developments in China vs U.S.
- Applied AI use cases in China
- Impact of Covid-19 on AI developments
- U.S. startups’ playbook in dealing with China as an AI competitor and collaboration